Tuesday the 1st of January, 2008
Bloggin', Family, Lifestyle
Last year, at the beginning of this blog, I led with my New Years Resolution, which was to “Be Shiny and Bright”. I think I put forward a really solid effort. I am sure that I left a little to be desired from time to time, but overall I think I did quite well. (feel free to weigh in on the idea, in the comments)
This coming year I have an even more ambitious goal/resolution for myself. I hope to get back to the roots of what I have always romanticized the American male to be: I plan to embody it. I am going to be strong, quiet, respectful, and reliable. I am going to listen better, and more closely, and love my children more openly.
I know that is a tall order, and will take work, lots of work. This needs to be a transformation year for me. I am living as an adult, and still sometimes thinking like a kid (not in the good way), I need to put an end to that. I have very high expectations for myself, and quite frankly, many of those around me too. I hope that you will all help me to live up to my resolution.
I have a few other sub-resolutions:
- Make a “bucket list”. (No, I haven’t seen the movie, or read the book)
- Cross at least two things off that list.
- Figure out how to buy a house … with a plan that less heavily relies on winning the lottery.
- Stop drinking soda!
- Start drinking more water.
- Take at LEAST one of Kate’s Yoga classes.
- Find more things for this list …
Happy New Year!
Why don’t you put some of your resolutions in the comments?
Love All – D 😉